We were delighted to have been able to contribute over the past years as an official “Supplier of youth empowerment & community engagement training & consultancy to the London 2012 Games.”
We were a part of the very select group of only .04% of all UK companies that were directly contracted by the Olympic organisations; and we have been contracted to deliver 12 different Olympic projects over a 8 -year period, on behalf of the Olympic Delivery Authority, the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games, London Legacy Development Corporation and 2 of the 5 host Borough 2012 teams.
Our Olympic projects include:
- Delivery of the Legacy Youth Voice programme for the London Legacy Development Corporation and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. This multi year programme is for young people from across East London enabling them to genuinely influence development on the Olympic Park
- Delivery of the flagship youth leadership programme for the Olympic Delivery Authority working with over 60 schools across the Olympic host Boroughs. This project was a key part of the community engagement strategy. It won an international communications award and was highlighted as national best practice in youth empowerment. Highlights included representing the ODA in meetings with the Queen, the Prime Minister, the Mayor of London, President Zuma on his state visit and every member of the senior management of the ODA.
- Delivery of all aspects of the Waltham Forest Welcome – the Olympic volunteering programme for LB Waltham Forest. This included engagement, selection, training, support and management of the volunteers who represented the Borough and were on shift throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Training of all of the LB Hackney Olympic volunteers. This included the full training of the Hackney Hosts (over 100 people) and the Welcome to Hackney team (300 volunteers) as well as delivering the team leader training sessions.
- Membership of the Changing Places Board for the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games. Kaizen were invited to sit on the board, as the only consultants, specifically to bring our experience of community engagement.
- Delivery of a pilot programme to raise aspirations in young people, and increase knowledge about the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, on behalf of the London Legacy Development Corporation
- Training in Doncaster and Glasgow as part of LB Hackney’s role as a beacon borough for OIympic volunteering.
- Delivery of leadership training for primary youth ambassadors from all primary schools in Hackney.